11.22.2007

Crunchy Friends:: Jiminie Ha

All of Crunchies are named after my favorite ladies & gentleman. Eventually, I am going to get portraits of them wearing the Crunchy of their namesake, so stay tuned!



The Jiminie Crunchy series are jewelry pieces made entirely out of necklaces fasteners - about 100 individual clasps to make an entire necklace. I also love the Jiminie rings. I am hoping to find some teeny tiny clasps to make rings in different sizes as well as creating a Jiminie series made of real gold and sterling.





Miss Jiminie Ha is one of my favorite artists & graphic designers. A graduate of Yale University, her work is a endless source of inspiration for my own creative endeavors. We attended graduate school around the same time, so it was always nice to have someone to commiserate with and toss ideas back and forth to.

Last summer, Jiminie was invited to be a part of the P.S.1 Poster Series and being the groupie that I am, I went to see her work live in and person. Agnes B took notice to her work and so she was asked to create an installation for the SoHo store with Field of Grey.



Jiminie and I been sisters for many years now. We love to cook together and I feel as though lately, all my dishes are definitely Korean infused by now. During the summers we get invited to all the barbeques because we make the BEST Korean-Vietnamese BBQ burgers. Ever. They are so good all you need is the bun and nothing else. I'll start blogging about food and posting recipes since that is one of my other passions.

Check out her website at www.jiminie.org, she has a lot of cool projects she will be working on during the next few months.

xo

No comments: