9.28.2009

What happens when you take the city girl outta the city?

She ends up at the Essex Hunt Club at a TAILGATING EVENT!







What a weekend! I am so lucky to have "Tall" otherwise known as Rukhsana by my side because together we churned out over a thousand cake balls in one week! Go Team! How that was possible, I have no idea - mind you I am a librarian by day and 9-5 Monday thru Friday, ha.

For Sunday, I was hired to cater a tailgating competition for a family friend, Dr. Brown of New Jersey. To be honest, at first I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but always open to a new challenge! My task was to provide and cater desserts which included cake balls obviously and other sweets outside my usual menu. The inspiration was a Parisian Pastry shop set up inside a Hummer and the location at the Essex Hunt Club somewhere in the middle of Jersey. It was completely OVER-THE-TOP and we had the most amazing fried chicken courtesy of our new friend Rick who made it ON SITE! Doc Brown certainly throws a ritzy affair, ha. And there were horses did I mention that? Many many horses.

Needless to say, this event really took the city girl outta the city, but I had a a great time with my friends Rukhsana (did I already mention how amazing she is?),Linyee, and Gabby. My lady friends are incredible and so supportive -I was so fortunate they were willing to get up at the crack of dawn on a Sunday morning (6am call time!) and give me a helping hand with this peculiar, but interesting tradition. Although I am sure not all tailgating events are like these, at least we can say - been there, done that.


xoxoJules

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.